Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Talee and the Fallen Object


Talee and the Fallen Object
By:  Jacquitta A. McManus
ISBN:  9780982802731
Published May 24, 2011 by Worlds to Discover
Format: ebook

My Rating:  ★★★★★  

Talee is an eight-year-old girl who lives on the planet Gala.  One day, the mail flyer drops a package, and Talee ventures out to find out what it could be. 

I received a copy of Talee and the Fallen Object for review.

This book is perfect for early elementary age children, but I have to say my two and three year olds enjoyed it as much as my six year old.  The planet and creatures in the story are creative and intriguing.  Talee is “African American” (not technically since she lives on a different planet, but you know what I mean).  I LOVE this!  I don’t know why there aren’t more children’s books with African American characters.  Everyone needs to learn about diversity and African American girls needs heroes too!

Jacquitta’s writing style is fun for children.  Talee is telling her story, and that really helps bring the children into her adventure with her.  The illustrations are beautiful, although I have the book on my Kindle so they weren’t in color.  But, based on the cover, I can imagine they are just as magical as the story itself.  I would love to get a hard copy and a coloring book for my daughter.

This is a super cute story that you and your children will love!