Thursday, April 12, 2012

Feature: Intangible by J. Meyers

*Crawling out of my editing hole*...  Well, hello everyone!  I hope you all have been having a wonderful week so far.  The weather here has cooled down a bit, and it is just wonderful!  I wish it would stay like this all year...


This week, I am featuring the lovely Ms. Meyers who has authored Intangible.  She will be with us tomorrow, April 13th, with a guest post, so be sure to stop back by and check that out.


Today, as usual, you get my review :-).  



Intangible
J. Meyers
ISBN:  9781470010157
Published January 31, 2012
Available Format: Paperback, ebook

My Rating: ★★★★

Goodreads’ Synopsis:  Twins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret—she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future. All their lives they’ve helped those in need on the sly. They’ve always thought of their abilities as being a gift.

Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed. That gift they’ve always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse. Because the thing about Luke’s ability? He’s always right. And he can’t do anything about it.

This is another one of those books that has a little bit of everything, but thankfully, it is written really well and is never overwhelming.  There are several points of view included in the story, which I know some readers hate, but everything is put together in such a great way that I did not find it distracting at all. 

There were a few things I felt could have been fleshed out a bit more, but nothing really detrimental to the story.  Also, I was left with some questions, particularly about Quinn, but I am hoping to see more of him later. I think there is a really exciting ending and it was left so that the story could easily be continued, but the reader is just left hanging completely.

This is another fresh, paranormal book.  I like the idea of the twins.  The dynamic between the siblings, the bond they share, is amazing.  Overall, the read is very emotional, which I actually love.  Anything that can make me feel is good, regardless of what the feelings are!