Saturday, September 17, 2011

In My Mailbox...

I've been getting all sorts of awesome things in the mail lately!  I just can't bear to keep them all to myself!!  


I have met a lot of fantastic folks since I started Gathering Leaves.  Everyone has been so kind, and it has been such a pleasure getting to know each and every one!

















Clayton (my six-year-old) and I recently read two of the Leon Chameleon P.I. books together, and then the author, Janet Hurst-Nicholson, sent along an ARC of the next in the Leon Chameleon series, the Case of the Bottled Bat.  Everyone MUST purchase copies of the first two books so Janet can get this one published!!!  PLEASE???  Do it for my son :-)...
One of Barbara McGuire's beautiful illustrations
This week, we got our very own signed copy of Leon Chameleon P.I. and the Case of the Kidnapped Mouse, all the way from South Africa!!!  Clayton was beside himself when he read the inscription from Leon!!  We had lots of fun looking at the neat stamps on the envelope too.  Thanks SO much Janet and Leon!!!!


Also, you guys have probably noticed that I've been sharing some press releases and reviews for some pretty amazing graphic novels published by Sea Lion Books.  Next spring, they will be releasing a new graphic novel by Mr. Howard Shapiro, Stereotypical Freaks.  Howard has shared the illustrations with me and he sent me this awesome promotional poster!  I can't wait to see the finished product!!!  Thanks Howard!


Stereotypical Freaks - Coming 2012!!
Another great Sea Lion graphic series that I have reviewed lately is the Storm Born series by Richelle Mead.  One of Sea Lion's fantastic ladies gifted me copies of the first two installments of the series.  You Rock, Gladys!!!!




That's it for now, but be on the lookout for more goodies soon!  Getting the mail is always a treat around here :-)...


Have a fantastic weekend!!