Thursday, September 1, 2011

Murderous Regrets


“Murderous Regrets”
By: Beth Ann Masarik
ASIN:  B004PLNNHC
Published February 25, 2011 by Otherworld Publications
Available Format:  ebook

My Rating:  ★★★★★

“Murderous Regrets” is a short story born from Beth Ann’s full-length novel, The World Among Us.  This story takes us deeper into the mind of Leon Greene, Jason Aysel’s best friend and the man who took his life. 

I had read The World Among Us before I picked up this short story, so I really understood what was going on from the start.  I knew what Leon had done and, for the most part, why he had done it.  Having Leon interviewed by yet another friend really gave this tale that little something extra. 

This really is perfectly developed and gives the reader exactly what a short story should.  You aren’t bogged down with tons of details, yet it doesn’t so feel brief that you feel cheated either.   It also supplemented The World Among Us very well, giving a pivotal character more depth and dimension than he is allowed in the novel. 

I cannot say much more about “Murderous Regrets” without giving too much away!  I definitely recommend you grab yourself a copy of both the short story and The World Among Us and immerse yourself in this captivating world of mythological creatures.

Stay tuned for my Q&A session with author Beth Ann Masarik!!