Tuesday, November 29, 2011

JournalJabber Recap - November 29, 2011

Just one more month left in 2011!  As always, the year has flown by...


How was everyone's Thanksgiving?  Ours was fun--crazy but fun!  I ate far too well while we were at my mom's and now that we're back home, nothing tastes good. You really can't beat homemade biscuits and gravy and cornbread dressing from scratch!  :-)


It has also gotten VERY cold out there!  We were in the 60's and 70's last week, and today it was in the 30's...  Brrrr...  But, I actually prefer the cold, and it is almost December for goodness sakes!


So...getting back to the business at hand...  Here's the notes from tonight's JournalJabber with our special guest, Nichole Chase, author of Mortal Obligation.







Listen to internet radio with JournalJabber on Blog Talk Radio



Nichole asked us to forgive her southern accent, which I am always thrilled to have another southerner on the show...and I'll be darn if she didn't really have a southern accent at all!!!  I mean, really... :-)


I was so busy this past week, I didn't get a chance to finish Mortal Obligation, but be on the lookout for a review from me very soon.


Here are the book details if you want to check it out for yourself (and you know you do!):




Mortal Obligation (Dark Betrayal 1)
ISBN:  9781466231443
Published July 29, 2011
Available Format:  Paperback, ebook

Where you can buy the book:

Smashwords

Nichole's next book, Mortal Defiance, is scheduled to release in December.  Can't wait to get my hands on that one too!


Look at those gorgeous covers!  Nichole says she and her mother-in-law designed them...


Nichole also played our Three Facts game this week.  Choose which fact is FALSE and email your answers to Amy (amy@journalstone.com) to win a copy of Nichole's book!


Nichole's Three Facts:


1. I painted a mural in the local visitors center that wraps around the entire room, but it still wasn't the largest mural that I have done.
2. When writing late at night, I like to have the TV on in a different room just so the house isn't too quiet.
3. My husband and I met while on separate trips to Europe. We were married 8 months later.

By the way, Greg's true fact from last show was that he was once a mosquito exterminator!  I hate mosquitoes....




It was great having Nichole on the show, and we look forward to enjoying her books and having her back again soon!






Next week's guest is the lovely and amazing Elizabeth Hunter, author of A Hidden Fire and This Same Earth, books 1 and 2 of the Elemental Mysteries Series. I had the honor of proofreading This Same Earth, and I am dying to dig into A Hidden Fire to get the beginning of the story!  I will say, there is a kick ass librarian and some pretty hawt vamps in these books, and (though I am a Twilight fan) they don't sparkle...


Be sure to tune in Tuesday, December 6th at 9PM EST to learn more!


Also, I'd like to remind everyone to buy as many copies as you possibly can of our Christmas anthology, Christmas Lites.  All proceeds go to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, and free ecopies are being sent to troops overseas!  This is a great way to support a couple AWESOME causes while getting a little something for yourself, and your family, and your friends, and that random guy in the grocery store...and...




Christmas Lites:
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/104437










And, last but not least, I want to remind you all of our special Christmas show coming up.  We'd love to have several children on air reading their favorite Christmas stories.  We need a few more kidlets to make this work, so if you or anyone you know are interested, please email Amy (amy@journalstone.com) to get in on the fun!


That's all for this week!  Have a fantastic week, stay warm, buy Christmas Lites!  See you next week...