Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Willing (Crayder Chronicles 2)

The Willing (Crayder Chronicles 2)
By:  C.S. Splitter
Expected publication: November 21, 2011
Available Format: ebook
My Rating: ★★★★★

The guy we all hate to love is back, and he’s taking us along on one heck of a ride.  In this installment of the Crayder Chronicles, Tom and Lorena are teaming up to help get Tom’s wife, Jenny, out of a heap of trouble.  When Jenny uncovers a money-laundering scheme, not one but THREE major bad dudes are out to silence her.  Tom has to find each of the criminals and neutralize them before they find his wife.  Will he be successful, and how will he keep Jenny from discovering his crime-fighting secrets??

I loved book one, but this is by far my favorite of the two!  As much as he tries not to be, Tom really is a sweet, lovable guy.  He is much less piggish in this book, which probably has something to do with him not contemplating cheating on his wife this time.  I love that he and Lorena are working together most of this book.  I love their dynamic, and I am so glad to get to see more of Lorena’s personality and personal life revealed.  Tiny is another character I don’t think I could ever get tired of.  There’s some mystery with him still, so I’m looking forward to getting to know more about him as well.  You might even recognize a couple of the new characters (i.e. my good friends, Cambria and Texas Long Hair). J

The story moves much faster in book two.  There is a lot more action involved, but everything fits perfectly and runs smoothly.  It is nothing short of entertaining and enjoyable from cover to cover.  There’s a little more violence and carnage involved, but when you have drug lords taking each other out, what do you expect?  We get to see more of Tom’s fancy flying, not for his cra—er—forced landings, but there is a pretty sweet dog fight involved!

I can’t wait to see what Tom does next!  If you liked The Reluctant, you will love The Willing  If you haven’t read either, well, what are you waiting for?!?!?


Learn more about Crayder Chronicles and C.S. Splitter at http://www.splittersworld.blogspot.com