Friday, April 29, 2011

If You're the Praying Type...

I think pretty much everyone knows that North Alabama was devastated by tornadoes Wednesday, April 27, 2011.  This sort of super storms, very much like those in the midwest, does not normally hit us here in the South.  My home town (Phil Campbell) was basically decimated (there wasn't much of it to begin with!).  So many have lost loved ones, homes, EVERYTHING!!  Thankfully, all of our family is safe, and so far only my brother's house was severely damaged.  Some of the extended family and many friends were not so lucky.  An F4 tornado traveled within a mile of my home, but the only damage we have is a tree limb down next door.  We are so, so, so blessed, and I am so, so, so thankful!!!  


If you are the praying type, I would really appreciate that you keep everyone in the affected areas in your thoughts and prayers during this time.  If you are able, please support organizations that are offering aid to the victims.  I encourage you to support Samaritan's Purse and The Salvation Army.  If you are closer to the area, I encourage you to make donations of water, nonperishable food items, and basic essentials such as toothbrushes and even baby wipes.  


I have never in my life witnessed such destruction first hand, and I truly hope this is the last time I have to!!  I have never loved my little old dirty house so much in my life :-)!  And, I just want to squeeze my bratty kids to pieces.


Thank you all!  I expect to start getting back in the swing of things within the next several days now that our internet is up and running again and things are slowly coming back together in our area.



"Love will hold us together

Make us a shelter to weather the storm

And I'll be my brother's keeper

So the whole world will know we're not alone..."

("Hold Us Together"--Matt Maher)