Thursday, November 17, 2011

Feature: Before by Cambria Hebert

This week, I'm featuring my good friend, Cambria Hebert, author of "Before," "Whiteout," and her debut novel, Masquerade.  You'll be hearing a lot about Mrs. Hebert in the next month or so, so I hope you like her as much as I do! :-)


Cambria will be dropping by tomorrow, release day for "Before,"  for an interview, so make sure you stop by to get to know her even better!

Before (Heven and Hell 0.5)
By:  Cambria Hebert
ISBN:  9781936593279
Expected Publication:  November 18, 2011 by Otherworld Publications
Available Format:  ebook

My Rating:  ★★★★★

Goodreads’ Synopsis:  What if your life was charmed and everything in it was perfect…
Before.
This is the story of my past. Of what things were like for me when everything was normal. Of what every teenager’s life is like. Clothes. Parties. Boys and summer vacation. What’s so wrong with that? I liked it. I was happy.
Until things changed. I changed.
I didn’t know that lies and secrets were about to take over my existence. I didn’t know there was someone out there, someone meant just for me. I didn’t know that I was about to go on a journey, a journey that would lead me to the girl I am today.
This is the beginning of the worst year of my life. Would I go back and change things? Erase everything that has happened to go back into these moments?
Not a chance.
This is a story of before.

This is a fantastic teaser story to get us ready for the debut of Cambria’s full length Heven and Hell novel, Masquerade.  We get to see how Heven’s life was before we meet her in Masquerade.  We are given a better understanding of how devastating the incident has been in her life and exactly what events conspired to lead up to that fateful night that changed everything.

First of all, how about that gorgeous cover?  Gotta give the credit to the lovely and talented Regina Wamba of Mae I Design & Photography for that and the fantabulous Masquerade cover.  They’re just so pretty!

Now, back to the story…  Cambria is without a doubt a super talented author, and it definitely shows in this story.  She gets inside the heads of the characters and gives us a behind-the-scenes look at each and every one of them.  In no time, I was completely absorbed in Heven’s world and anxious to see what the dark stranger would bring to her life.  In the end, we’re left with a need for the remainder of the story—a need that will only be satisfied with the release of Masquerade (December 16)!