Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Whiteout by Cambria Hebert - Release Day!!

Today is release day for Cambria's story, "Whiteout"!!!  I'm super excited to share this event with you all, and I want everyone to go RIGHT NOW and get yourself a copy...





I'm waiting...


Fingers tapping...


*Yawn*


Maybe you should look into faster internet speed?


Okay, phew, now that you're back, here's my review...


Whiteout
By:  Cambria Hebert
Published November 23, 2011 by Otherworld Publications
Available Format:  ebook

My Rating: ★★★★★

A blizzard has blown in and a man is dying, freezing to death in the cold.  Suddenly, a savior appears, a woman with midnight black hair and chocolate eyes.  Something isn’t quite right, however.  Someone has a secret and someone has a shotgun.  Just because the woman saves him, can the man really trust her?

I finished this one with a big ol’ smile plastered on my face.  Nothing I didn’t expect.  Cambria is , as always, a fantastic writer, and “Whiteout” is just another small glimpse at her talent.  I love the mystery in this story.  We don’t really know what is going on until about halfway in the story, and then right near the end there is another twist to keep us on the edge of our seats.  Brilliant! 

A good writer not only knows how to get into the heads of their characters but also how to drag the reader in as well.  Cambria is an expert at this, and I love it!  For such a short story, I am so pleased that I can finish with such a feeling of satisfaction, as if I had just read a 300 page novel – in much less time! 

This is a great little escape for the holidays or any day.  You definitely don’t want to miss out on this one!  


If you didn't follow my instructions earlier, you don't already have a copy, and you still need some convincing after that review, here is the fab trailer for "Whiteout":