Friday, June 22, 2012

Guest Post: Writings from the Heart: Stories and Poetry from Around the World - Beth Ann Masarik

Hey guys and gals!  I really don't see enough of you these days.  Editing has sure kept me busy, which I am thankful for, but I miss my Gathering Leaves peeps! :-(




Today I have Ms. Beth Ann Masarik back for a little guest post and to introduce you all to her latest endeavor, an anthology titled Writings from the Heart: Stories and Poetry from Around the World.  





Thank you for having me on your blog today, Cassie!  

Hello everyone!  Today I am here to talk to you about why I think it is important to be compassionate towards the youth.  

For those of you who don’t know, I am a YA author and indie publisher, and I am also one of the adult coordinators of the youth group in my parish. One of the things that I have learned while working with the youth group is that they just want to be heard and have someone that they can talk to and rely on.


That is why it is so important that we support the youth of our world.  For the older generations, the youth of today are going to be the ones that take care of us in the future.  If we don’t show them love and compassion NOW, how can we expect them to show us the same when we are “old?”

That is one of the reasons I have compiled the anthology titled Writings From the Heart: Stories and Poetry From Around the World.  All proceeds from this anthology will go to the pediatric cardiology unit at the Cohen Children’s Medical Center of NY.  The cardiology unit is important to me, because when I was a baby, I had open heart surgery. This anthology is my way of giving back to a community that has helped me over the years.

You can find out more information on the anthology by going to the Goodreads page here: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13630577-writings-from-the-heart

You can purchase the anthology through Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords.

Check out this trailer for more details:




Beth Ann Masarik
Author of The World Among Us, Prince of Darkness (available where books are sold!)
Author of 5 star story, Murderous Regrets, a The World Among Us Short Story (available where ebooks are sold!)
Moon Spirit, a The World Among Us short story, available where ebooks are sold!
Luney Writers, an anthology coming in 2012
Founder of Literary Lunes Magazine www.literarylunes.com 
Founder of Wordsmiths and Ink Scribblers writing network www.wordsmithsinkscribblers.spruz.com
Follow her here:            
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BethAnnMasarik                         https://www.facebook.com/TheWorldAmongUs           
Twitter: @theworldamongus           
Personal Website: www.bethannmasarik.com           
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/bethmasarik