Monday, June 20, 2011

Dark Swan Storm Born Comic Issue 2

Dark Swan Storm Born Comic Issue 2
Written by:  Richelle Mead & Grant Alter
Illustrated by:  Dave Hamann and Nelson Cosentino de Oliveira
Pulbished June 2011 by Sea Lion Books
Available Format:  Paperback

My Rating: ★★★★☆

Eugenie Markham is a freelance shaman spending her time combating and expelling otherworldly creatures.  In this issue, Eugenie further contemplates whether or not she will travel to the Otherworld to rescue a fifteen-year-old captive of the Gentry (fairies).  Her new love interest obviously has some secrets, and for some reason the inhabitants of the Otherworld have taken a particular interest in Eugenie that she cannot quite figure out yet.

I received a copy of this comic from the publisher for review.

This second issue of the Storm Born series is even better than the first.  The reader is taken further into the mind and life of Eugenie and is able to learn much more about her.  I find her relationships with Kiyo and her mother and step-father extremely intriguing, as well as the different types of Otherworlders she faces as the story progresses. 

I am really looking forward to the remainder of the series and the novels and graphic novels.  I think I may be a Richelle Mead fan before it is over!

I would rate this comic R for language, violence, and sexual content.