Monday, June 20, 2011

Pariah, Issue 1

Pariah, Issue 1
By:  Aaron Warner
ISBN:  9780983613
Published July 2011 by Sea Lion Books

My Rating:  ★★★★☆

Brent Marks is a teenager in Akron, Ohio in the year 2025.  He is also a Vitro, a genetically altered being.  When a tragic accident occurs and the blame seems to fall on a group of Vitro, Brent is labeled a terrorist with the rest.  When his own parents turn against him, will Brent be able to evade the government and clear his name?  What exactly do they have planned for the Vitro?

I received a copy of this comic from the publisher for review.

I already love Brent.  He’s intelligent, nerdy, funny, and not exactly human any longer!  Sounds perfect to me!  His wittiness and cynicism make him extremely likable and captivating.  I was also intrigued by the story of the Vitro.  I can’t help but want to know more about how they were created, what they are working on, and if they truly do have any ulterior motives as the government believes. 

I was really drawn to the subdued colors of the rough-around-the-edges illustrations.  The pictures themselves told as much of the story as the narration and dialogue. 

I could honestly see this as a great television series!  I certainly can’t wait to check out the rest of the story…

I would rate Pariah, Issue 1 PG-13 for language and minor violence.