Saturday, March 17, 2012

Tootsie and Lulu: Lulu Wears a Tutu


Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!  It is a bittersweet day for me.  I love to celebrate my heritage, but today would have been my father's 67th birthday.  He passed away very suddenly in October of 2009, and not a day goes by that I do not miss him terribly.  I love you Daddy!

To celebrate today, though, I am sharing a review of a book written about a cute little redhead and her sweet puppy.  

I wish you all the luck in the world no matter what your endeavors!  

Tootsie and Lulu:  Lulu Wears a Tutu
Written by Wendy Botts
Illustrated by Julie Weaver
ISBN: 978-0-578-09641-451299
Published November 16, 2011
Available Format:  Paperback, ebook

My Rating: ★★★★★

Established in 2011, Tootsie and Lulu is a children’s book series based on the real life stories of Elaina Botts “Tootsie” and her English bulldog, Lulu.

It is a nasty day outside, and Tootsie and Lulu need to find something fun they can do indoors. Tootsie decides she wants to practice ballet, but she needs a dance partner. After an extensive search, Tootsie realizes her beloved English bulldog, Lulu, can dance with her. Of course, Lulu will need to dress the part, and she makes a beautiful ballerina.

An endearing story for young children. Large, easy-to-read print. Beautiful illustrations.

I received a signed copy of Tootsie and Lulu: Lulu Wears a Tutu from the author for review (Thanks Wendy!). This is a super cute book for young readers. My kids really enjoyed reading along with me. The size of the book is perfect for little hands, and the font is great for early readers. The illustrations are beautifully drawn and colored and add that something special to an already sweet little story.

I love that this book is based on the real adventures of Tootsie and Lulu. It is great to be able to explain this to my kids and encourage them to develop and share their own stories about their own lives.

This is a totally relatable, very sweet, and fun little read. I definitely recommend it!