Monday, June 27, 2011

Max and Izzy in 'Where's My Iggy?'

Max and Izzy in ‘Where’s My Iggy?’
By:  Catherine Isom
ASIN:  B0051UC75A
Published May 19, 2011

My Rating:  ★★★★☆

This is a children’s adventure book that is recommended for children ages 4 to 10. 

It is Max’s birthday and his beloved stuffed piggy has been pig-napped!!  It is up to Max and his mischievous sister Izzy to find Iggy before Max’s big day is completely ruined.  Much to Izzy’s delight, the clues that the pig-napper left behind lead them to many of her favorite places to snack.  Coincidence?

I received a copy of this charming book for review.

After my initial read, I probably would have rated this about three stars, but after speaking further with the author, I decided to bump my rating up.  The copy I received did not have illustrations, but Catherine told me that she has an illustrator working on that right now.  I think pictures would be a tremendous improvement on an already adorable story.  There were also some minor errors which just needed a quick proofing job to clear up.  I pointed these out to Catherine, so those changes will be made as well.

Aside from those slight technical things, the actual story of Max, Izzy, and Iggy is absolutely delightful!  I read this with my six-year-old son who said his favorite part was that it was Max’s birthday and they were on a type of scavenger hunt for his best pal.  Even without the pictures, he was able to fully enjoy the mini adventure that we were taken on with the siblings. 

I have already told Catherine that I would love to purchase an illustrated copy when it is available, and I encourage you all to do the same!