Sunday, July 24, 2011

Charley Harper Book of Colors

Colors
By:  Charley Harper
ISBN:  9781934429549
Published June 1, 2011 by Ammo Books LLC
Available Format:  board book

My Rating:  ★★★★★

CHARLEY HARPER COLORS is the same size and format as the CHARLEY HARPER ABCs and 123s, making them a perfect trio. This book illustrates the names of colors as they apply to animals and nature, such as red ladybugs, blue birds, and green forests.
Pre-schoolers will have fun identifying the colors and animals in Charley Harper's whimsical and colorful world of illustrations.

I received a copy of Colors from netGalley for review.

My three-year-old daughter and I read this one together.  She is just learning to read and mastering all the different colors.  The illustrations are vibrant and very visually pleasing.  I love how the text is in the color as well, to help the child recognize the color name.  The prose is easy for a beginning reader with a few more challenging words tossed in to help build vocabulary.  My daughter wanted to read it over and over again!

I definitely recommend this one for toddler/preschool readers!