Monday, January 2, 2012

Guardians of the Cross by TR Graves

Well, how was everyone's first day of 2012?  Mine was pretty great.  A nice, relaxing day with the family.  We have one more day to chill before we really have to get back to the real world (Although, for some reason my son doesn't have to go back to school until Thursday?!?!?).  

Yesterday, TR Graves was my special guest, and she was kind enough to do a little interview with me.  In case you missed it, you can find that HERE.

Today, you get to hear a little bit about what I think of the second book of her series, Guardians of the Cross.  If you haven't read book one, this could be a bit of a spoiler.  I highly recommend you get book one AND book two (because as soon as you finish book one, you WILL need to get started on book two right away!).  Then I think about halfway through book one, you will be safe reading my review :-).

You can find my review of Warriors of the Cross HERE.

Guardians of the Cross (The Warrior Series #2)
By:  TR Graves
ISBN:  9781453754825
Published: December 2011
Available Format:  Paperback, ebook

My Rating: ★★★★★

In book one of The Warrior Series, Allison La Crosse discovers she has a God-given ability to heal with her touch.  She also meets and falls in love with Brody, who is also a Warrior, and she learns there are people who are tasked with protecting them and those that wish to destroy them.  In book two, Allison has made a connection with the first soul she ever saved, Devin, who is being controlled by his evil twin brother.  Allie is torn between her bond with Devin and the threat his brother poses to her friends, family, and her life.  Will she sacrifice herself or will she be forced to part with one or both of the men she loves so dearly?

Let me tell ya, this book is jam packed!  There is romance – sweet, gushy, butterflies-in-the-tummy romance.  There is drama, even a little touch of a love triangle (or square?).  There is mystery and suspense – evil stalking in the shadows, interesting new characters, new questions to be answered around every turn.  And there is heart-stopping action!  Every time I thought I’d relaxed in a valley, I was hit with another twist; another piece of the puzzle slid into place.  And, there are a LOT of pieces to the puzzle given in book two!

All the Guardians are coming together, Allison and Brody’s purpose is becoming clearer, and the evil is growing stronger and more fearless.  We get to learn so much more about the Warriors’ past and more about what their future might hold.  For every question that is answered in this installment of the series, we’re still left with a perfect amount of mystery for book three.  I cannot wait to dive back into Allie’s life and see what waits around the next corner.

A huge thank you goes out to Ms. Graves for being my guest this week.  I definitely hope to have her back when Enemies of the Cross is released later this year.

I have a lot of great interviews coming up this month, so be on the lookout for some more awesome books and authors!