Sunday, January 22, 2012

Kiwi and the Missing Magic by Vickie Johnstone

I don't get to see you guys much on Sundays!  I hope everyone has been having an awesome weekend so far. We've been to the ER, had a tire blow on us, and then the spare was also basically flat...sooo maybe I shouldn't comment on that...haha!


Moving along to much better things...  As part of the Great Indie Reads Blog Hop, I am once again hosting the lovely Ms. Vickie Johnstone who is the genius behind the Kiwi Series. For anyone who doesn't know, Kiwi is the star kitty who helps her human friends, Amy and James, visit her magical home in Cat City.  


Well, I have a super special treat for you all this time.  Since we've already gotten to know Vickie pretty well (see her interview HERE), I have invited Ms. Kiwi herself to stop by and chat with us!  So, tomorrow, Kiwi will be here for a little Q&A so we can get the real scoop on all things Cat City.  (Yes, I'm quite fluent in cat...)  


For today, I'm sharing my review of the second of the Kiwi series, Kiwi and the Missing Magic.  You can find my review of Kiwi in Cat City HERE.



Kiwi and the Missing Magic (Kiwi Series #2)
By:  Vickie Johnstone
AISN:  B005AL3D7Q
Published July 4, 2011
Available Format:  ebook

My Rating:  ★★★★★

In Kiwi in Cat City, we were introduced to the magical world of Kiwi and her friends in Cat City. For the second installment of the series, Amy and James join Kiwi in the city again, and there is, naturally, another mystery to solve. This time, the city is suddenly threatened by a giant mouse, and it is up to the gang to find out how he got into Cat City and what exactly he is doing there. In addition, some of the Magic is missing, which could be extremely dangerous for all the catizens. Some old friends are revisited while some new, super cute characters are introduced to round out this highly entertaining, furry fun adventure. You won’t want to miss it!

I have been dying to jump into book two of the Kiwi series since I finished Kiwi in Cat City a couple months ago. I was absolutely not disappointed, of course. Kiwi is such great fun, and it is interesting to see this new world through the eyes of Amy and James as they transform into cats and must integrate themselves into the feline society. I thought it was such a great idea to bring James’ hamster into the group to help them solve this new mystery.

I admit, I was a bit thrown off in the beginning when we meet the bees, but later in the story I saw how that tied into what was going on in Cat City, so all was well again. Other than that little bit of temporary confusion, there was absolutely nothing wrong with this adorable story! I love the personalities of each and every one of the characters, and there is always something neat to learn about what happens in the fantastical city.

It is always great, also, to find a good children’s/YA series that adults can fully enjoy as well. It is a great story to share with your children or just keep for yourself if you are so inclined!

I can’t wait to see what is next for Ms. Kiwi and the kittens. Maybe it won’t take me two months to dive into Kiwi and the Living Nightmare!


See you tomorrow!  Be sure to bring your cat nip treats and grass flavored cream! :-)