Thursday, August 11, 2011

FEATURE: The Reluctant by C.S. Splitter

I am very excited to have C.S. Splitter, author of The Reluctant, here at Gathering Leaves this week!!!!  Splitter is a super talented and funny guy, and that is obvious in his amazing book...  


Splitter was kind enough to have me as a guest on his blog yesterday.  Surf over to Splitter's World to see my words of wisdom for Indie authors...


Splitter will be stopping by with a guest blog tomorrow, Friday, August 12th.  Be sure to drop in and check that out!





The Reluctant

By:  C.S. Splitter
ASIN:  B004VS751O
Published April 12, 2011
Available Format: ebook

My Rating: ★★★★☆

Tom Crayder is just an ordinary guy trying to provide for his family (and pay for his plane) the best way he knows how.  Sometimes that involves doing less than legal operations like transporting wanted men or questionable amounts of cash.  Crayder soon finds himself far more involved than he had planned, and he must make a monumental decision that very well could cost him his life.  Through his witty prose and a few cr…eh…forced landings, Splitter takes the reader on a genuinely entertaining ride.

I received a copy of The Reluctant from the author for review.

Since I hadn’t refreshed my memory before picking this book back up, I wasn’t really sure what to expect when I started.  Now that I’ve read it, I know it is something I normally wouldn’t have read; I’m just not quite into the crime scene so to speak.  I have to say, however, I truly enjoyed this fun, exciting read.

For one thing, I think I know more about flying now that I ever thought I wanted to!  That and maybe guns too.  This was definitely written by a man who knows about both.  I didn’t have a clue about some of the technical things he was talking about, but he never lost me either.  I don’t know…maybe I should learn to fly?  I think I’ll pass on the guns though.

Just in the first chapter, I was laughing so much, I was tearing up.  I have gotten to know the author these past few months, and I have to say that he really is that funny.  We may try to deny it, but we girls truly do love a man that can make us laugh!  So even when Tom was making some really stupid choices, I was still on his side, cheering him on. 

In all seriousness, the story was written well.  It was easy and fun to follow along with everything from Tom’s point of view.  There’s humor, action, drama, suspense…the whole kit and caboodle!  I absolutely loved the way it ended.  I don’t want to give anything away, but the setting of the ending contrasted perfectly with the rest of the story and gave us one last tiny glimpse into Tom’s life.  You’ll just have to read it yourself to see what I mean!

I am really looking forward to Splitter's next book, The Willing.  Maybe Splitter will pick me as a write-in :-D!!

C.S. Splitter will be interviewed on JournalJabber, JournalStone’s super fun Blog Talk Radio show, co-hosted by yours truly, September 6th.  Tune into www.blogtalkradio.com/journaljabber at 8PM CST to join in the madness!

C.S. Splitter is the author of The Reluctant available on Amazon, Smashwords, Journal Stone, Barnes and Noble, and other internet.  Look for book two, The Willing to be published November 2011.  His blog can be found at http://splittersworld.blogspot.com