Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Big Book of Bible Stories: Bible Stories! Rhyming Fun! Timeless Truth for Everyone!

My Big Book of Bible Stories:  Bible Stories! Rhyming Fun! Timeless Truth for Everyone!
By: Phil A. Smouse
ISBN:  9781616262372
Expected Publication:  October 1, 2011 by Barbour Publishing
Available format: Paperback

My Rating:  ★★★★☆

My Big Book of Bible Stories features seventeen classic stories from Creation to Jonah to the Good Samaritan.  Every story is written completely in quirky rhyme, making any boring old Bible story tons of fun for readers of any age!  If words aren’t your thing, the big, bright illustrations are whimsical and eye-catching. 

I don’t know what religious affiliation the good doctor had, but Mr. Smouse is definitely God’s Dr. Seuss.  My husband and I even had fun reading the stories with the constant wit and playfulness.  Some of the rhymes came across a bit awkward, but there is no way I could write the Bible in such a fun way! 

My kids have really enjoyed the stories we have read so far.  It has been a good jumping point for them to ask more questions about the tales so we can have discussions about the Bible and what the stories mean for us now.

I think this is a great Bible story book to have in churches and homes with young children!